There are two types of probes you can select from:
1. Enviropro probe – moisture and temperature and;
2. Enviropro Probe – moisture, EC (salinity) and temperature.
- The probe has been proven in the field over many years, it is robust and maintenance free. The probe comes with a 5 year warranty.
- The Internal electronics are fully encapsulated in epoxy – nothing can move and all circuits are protected against moisture and chemicals which makes the probe reliable, consistent and very stable.
- The probe is available in 40cm, 80cm, 120cm and 160cm lengths.
- There is a size that’s right for every cop or situation.
- The probe is very accurate and reliable.
- Soil moisture readings are compensated for the effects of temperature and salinity, giving you measurements which you can depend on.
- The probe detects soil moisture within a 2.5cm radius around the probe.
- If you require the monitoring of salinity or even fertilizer in the soil you can select the moisture, EC and temperature probe.
The probe is connected to a logger via a cable. The logger is battery operated and uses the mobile phone network to send data to the website. This makes the Hornet highly portable and easy to install.
Once the cable is connected to the logger, the logger is activated and within minutes data is transmitted to the website.
There are two types of loggers:
1. Telstra 3G
2. Telstra Next G
- The logger you use is dependent on the mobile coverage at each site. The Next G loggers are suited to regional areas.
- The logger has been proven in the field over many years, it is robust and maintenance free. The logger comes with a 12 month warranty.
- Like the probe, the internal electronics are fully encapsulated in epoxy. Nothing can move and all circuits are protected against moisture and chemicals which makes the logger reliable, consistent and very stable.
- Battery life >2 years: When recording the probe every 30 minutes and uploading once per day the battery will have a minimum life of 2 years. No need for solar panels or mains power.
- In-built modem: Can be installed anywhere there is 3G or Next G Telstra mobile phone coverage. No lengthy cables or need to locate near power, fences etc.
- Compact: About the size of a mobile phone making it very easy to install.
- Simple installation and activation: Is connected to the probe and activated for website viewing within minutes.
- Only one logger per probe: If you want to install more than one probe then you will need more loggers.
- Low Telstra costs: The SIM card for the modem costs $5/month